Why go to the trouble of getting the right measurements for your penile size specifically its length and girth?
After all, there appears to be no point in the exercise since you are born with your penis and your size will not matter during sex (i.e., technique matters more).
But this is where you are mistaken. Getting your correct penile measurements has many implications, such as when comparing your progress during a penis enlargement program or when comparing penis sizes with your buddies.
Here then are the best methods in measuring the length and girth of your penis.
Measuring The Length
Among men, the length of their penis is usually the aspect referred to when talking about penile measurement for good reason. Women love long penises because these can penetrate them deeper and, thus, give more pleasure.
- Get a reliable ruler preferably with both metric and imperial markings.
Check that the ruler starts flush with the bottom such that there is no quarter-inch gap. Otherwise, you will get an inaccurate measurement of a quarter of an inch in your penile length.
- Get your penis into its fullest erection.
Watch a porn movie, stroke your penis, and let your partner encourage its erection are just a few suggestions in doing so but keep in mind that your goal is not to masturbate or to have sex – or at least, not until you have measured your penile length and girth.
- Place the starting point of the ruler at the base of your penis and on its top.
If necessary, slightly pull down your erect penis so that it is parallel to the floor; stand up while doing the measurement for accurate results. Be sure to place the ruler on top of your erect penis, not on either side. Otherwise, you will be unable to start measuring from the base of your penis to its head.
- Take the measurement in inches and centimeters from the point wherein the very tip of your erect penis ends on the ruler.
- Note down the measurement.
Repeat the procedure, if necessary, since you want to be sure about it. If you want, you can repeat the measurement process on the following day just to be on the safe side.
Measuring The Girth
The girth of your penis, of course, is just as important as its length. Studies have shown that most of the nerve endings essential in sexual pleasure among women are located approximately one-third inside the vagina.
Thus, a longer than average penis may not be as pleasurable as a bigger than average (i.e., circumference) penis in terms of sexual pleasure where women are concerned.
You have two choices in penile girth measurement.
First, the string method requires three things, namely, a piece of light-colored string, a pen for marking the string, and a ruler to measure the section of the marked string.
- Get your penis to its fullest erection level.
- Wrap the piece of string around your erect penis’ widest point; the middle of the shaft is usually the widest point so find it.
- Overlap the two ends of the string, mark the point wherein they cross with a pen, and then remove the string from your erect penis.
- Use the ruler in measuring the marked point on the string. This is the girth of your erect penis.
Second, the fabric tape measurement method is a simpler way.
- Use a fabric tape measure used by tailors.
- Get your penis to its fullest erection.
- Wrap the tape measure around your penis’ widest point (i.e., the middle of the shaft), overlap it, and then take a reading from the point where it crosses.
Tip: Check that there is no gap at the start of the tape measure, as is the case with the ruler during the length measurement method.
- Take down the measurement.
Again, you can repeat the procedure just to check that you have appropriately measured your penile girth.