There are reliable male enhancement supplements and then there are the likes of Enzyte that have been slapped with one too many complaints from consumers and health experts alike.
Enzyte is a nutritional supplement manufactured by Vianda LLC, formerly known as Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals, and marketed as a “natural male enhancement” product.
How It Works
According to the manufacturers, Enzyte works by increasing blood flow to the penis, thanks to its special blend of ingredients discussed below. By increasing blood flow to the penis, the organ also increases in size.
But as the next sections will show, doctors agree that there is no medical sense to the claim. There’s neither possible nor sensible reason to show that increasing blood flow to the penis can actually results in increases in the length and girth of the penis.
The ingredients in Enzyte are common substances used by manufacturers of other more reliable brands of male enhancement pills. But the main difference appears to be the formulation of the ingredients coupled with the claims made by the manufacturers.
Just to mention a few of the ingredients:
- Tribulus Terrestris extract, a weed that supposedly can increase testosterone levels by stimulating the release of lutein in the pituitary gland.
- L-Arginine, an amino acid found in all living things on Earth. It has antioxidant, anti-atherogenic, and immunomodulatory actions that scientists believe can improve sperm count and motility. It is the most common ingredient in male enhancement supplements.
- Panax ginseng, a root plant, is touted to increase energy levels and sex drive.
- Maca root, a plant from South America, is used as a food in Peru but it is added to supplements as a way to increase male libido.
- Horny goat weed, a Chinese plant, supposedly increases sexual stamina and potency.
Other ingredients are:
- Muira puama
- Avena sativa
- Saw palmetto berry
- Zinc oxide
- Zinc caltrate
- And Swedish pollen extract
- Nowadays, customers of Enzyte can avail of a “no questions asked” money-back guarantee. This is an evolution of the previous return policy when customers have difficulty returning their products because of dissatisfaction with the male enhancement supplement.
- The product packaging is also attractive, which partly explains why consumers continue to buy Enzyte despite the negative reviews online. Well, at least, first-time naive consumers who failed to do their research will soon discover that judging a product, especially a nutritional supplement, by its packaging is a no go.
Enzyte has so many cons that consumers should be well aware that experts have actually criticized the product for its inefficacy. For one thing, its effectiveness remains unproven so much so that the Federal Trade Commission has been urged to disallow its advertisements because its claims cannot be proven with clinical trials.
In fact, the company has agreed to the payment of $2.5 million as settlement for various allegations about its deceptive sales practices related to the product. It has since altered its ads to be more truthful but many sectors are still unconvinced.
It must be emphasized that Enzyte does not work as advertised – it will supposedly increase penis size in terms of girth and length, improve on penis firmness during erections, and improve sexual performance – despite the heavy hype that comes with it. There are no independent studies to prove its so-called efficacy.
Of course, the advertisements for Enzyte are exciting especially for first-time buyers. According to its website, Enzyte can maximize erection potential by giving users firmer and fuller erections – all while leaving its definitive definition to the imagination of the consumers.
Even the affordable price and trial period should not be sufficient reasons to buy Enzyte but millions still do. A 3-month supply will set you back $99.90 excluding shipping charges while the company also offers a 10-day free trial period.
From the abovementioned discussion, it is easy to see why Enzyte has a very low 1.5 to 2 stars rating in most consumer websites. The product is simply just too expensive in terms of its efficacy in penis enhancement but, if you have money to burn, then you can always try it.